Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Steps to a Cleaner Desk

 Can you not get to the bottom of your desk through all the papers?  Then, it is time to reorganize your desk.  Here are some great tips on how to make a cleaner work environment, which will also help with your productivity.


5 Steps to a Cleaner & Tidier Desk:

1. Toss Stuff You Don't Need. This might seem like a no brainer, but reading the tips in this post about cleaning your desk in 5 minutes, I realize that this one has the biggest impact and is probably the one I do the least. By consistently tossing papers and other items that I don't need, I'll keep them from accumulating to clutter up my desk.

082212_MessyDesk2.jpg2. Place Important Tasks at Eye Level. Instead of lining up post-its filled with tasks on the surface of my desk,  place them at eye level. This will help to remove more items from the desk surface and will keep to-dos from getting ignored as the papers pile up.

3. Prioritize the Top Drawer. Put items that were on the surface of my desk in the top drawer, I would not only save quite a bit of space but it would also most likely cut down on the, ahem, borrowing of my stapler.

4. Purge the Drawers. Speaking of drawers, purging and organizing is key to having a cleaner desk. If the surface is clean but the drawers are messy, disorganized chaos, how is this better? My desk drawers are in need of some serious purging, stat!
 
5. Break Out the Organizing Accessories. If after following the first 4 tips I still fall short of my organizing goals, perhaps it's time to consider some desk organizing solutions? 

For more information see Apartment Therapy.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment